Skip to main content

BTS Singapore Concert January 2019

It is now almost the end of 2019, which is roughly almost 3 years ago since I wrote my last post. What can I say, motherhood is hard. Especially when the little bundle of joy (there are times when I try hard to say this without any hint of irony) cannot even wash his own behind after completing business.He is still unable to do that, but at least I have a rhythm going and it seems I can squeeze in time for myself here and there (in between the washing of the behind). Time to be myself, time to relax and do what I want (within the given time limit hahaha....sad), time to consult my own thoughts (being almost 40 years old, of course I talk to myself, I need expert advice). But, on the other hand, I do cherish the time when they are young, wishing they could stay little forever and be with me. Odd. Such is life.

That being said, the reason I am filled with urge to start writing again, well at least for this time, is that I want to document the amazing thing that happened to me which was........................... BTS concert in Singapore. Was that not at all you were expecting?


The concert was held in January 2019, it felt like it went by lightning fast. Considering the long wait ever since the concert was announced, and then the agonizing wait and efforts put out just to be online at the right time to secure tickets. Oh my days, I have never experienced anything like that before. I logged on using 4 different gadgets early morning of the day the tickets planned to be released. Tossed and turned in my sleep, and finally, all prayers answered, out of the 4 gadgets, 1 gadget was able to get through and secure tickets. 35 minutes after we purchased ours, all the tickets are sold out. Unbelievable. They are legends, for sure.


I should share here that my fascination with BTS began, I'm sure, not that different from the experience of many of their Army. One awesome performance, leading to one meaningful song, then another and another and another. Then, it is official, I fell into the BTS hole. They win me through a lot of points: solid performance, meaningful lyrics, catchy beats and of course, their underdog story. Their seemingly honest yet embarrassing behavior helped too somewhere along the way. Actually at first I thought they were famous because their 'reality' shows were fun to watch, they seem more like a variety show bunch than a music group (I mean on stage they look so cool, aloof, normal, well put together behavior, but off stage.... :D :D :D :D.......... they are very entertaining human beings) . But seeing their performance, especially live shows, changed my mind. Here is their very first video that introduced me to the fascinating group that is BTS.


Here is our pic before the concert where people thought I was being such a cool mom letting my girl to go see BTS. What they don't realize is the Army is me!!! Naylla did not even know 1 song! But, it is amusing to watch her pretend to lipsync to the songs just to fit in with her BFF next to her who is big big Army. As you can see here my bias is Suga. That guy is (nowhere low key) smart. It definitely shows in the lyrics he made (especially in diss songs,ohmagerd) and of course his tongue technology raps :D. So why take Naylla anyway...? The reason is obvious for Armies....BTS is unlike any other group/band, and they always deliver, I mean they did not win AMA tour of the year 2019 for nothing. Their performance is a must see, she will thank me later when she can boast to her friends, even later on in life, that she once saw BTS on concert :).




I have to also add that as much as I am a big fan (older generation Army right here!), I don't think I would have made the big effort to go see them in concert if it were not for the fact that it was held in Singapore. My other experience attending a concert was for Link Park in Jakarta back in 2004 (aaaww Chesterrrrr :(( ). It was a whole day event, filled with sweat, tears,muscle cramps, heat strokes etc. So so tiresome just to queue and stand in line until the concert began. When it finally did, I already used up 65% of my energy, so tired (though I was still super excited for them). So, naturally I had expected the BTS concert in Singapore will be something similar, considering BTS is so popular, the Beatles in my time famous. But very fortunately, the organizer in Singapore is world class professionals. Attending a concert cannot be more of a breeze. No standing in queue for too long (not even more than 5 minutes!), and we leisurely walk into the stadium, found our seats no problem, and we were able to enjoy the show like as if we were attending a musical or opera or something. So chill and relax!


Look at the sea of purple...!!!! So much love felt that night. Purple you fellow Armies.



And so with this, I am making another promise to myself (goal as you can say as we are nearing the end of 2019), that I will post more often. Heard that one before. But this time I mean it....like I did last time.

Lastly, here is a BTS oldie, lyrics of which really touch me in my jellies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sambal Goreng Ati Ampela (Spicy Chicken Liver and Gizzards)

Boy, the sound of this dish sure is extreme when you translate it into English. Reminds me of Halloween somehow. But hearing it in Bahasa delivers a calming sensation to my nerves. ' Sambal goreng ati ampela ', I associate this with deliciousness, bursts of flavor, and family :D. But, still, basically this dish really is chicken liver and gizzards cooked in chili, and if you're not used to this type of eating, then this is extreme for you, while it's like candy to me :P. Indonesia has many varieties of sambal goreng , every region has their own take on it, this is only one of them. This is the sambal goreng I grew up with, even though nowadays my mother has altered her recipe, but this is the flavors that I recognize and will soon share with you (complete recipe in the bottom of this post). What I've done here is I've cleaned and cut up to bite size pieces all the liver, gizzards and hearts. I should have showed you how it is done, but I forgot to

Swee Heng Bakery

Since I moved to Singapore in 2008, there has been a lot of adjusting to do, even until today. The difference in culture, habits, the way people talk, the way they walk, the way they eat, make friends, even the values that we hold, are different, even only slightly. But one thing that was and still is quite the big adjustment for me and my family is the fact that we, who come from Indonesia, where Muslims are the majority, have found ourselves becoming the minority in Singapore. This means, that when we go out to eat, there's a lot less options for us to choose from. A simple thing like one of my favorite snacks in Indonesia: Shihlin Taiwan fried chicken, does not have halal certification here. 'Errr, does that matter? It's still chicken.' Well yeah, but the chicken has to be halal (processed according to Islamic Law), then we can eat it :). Anyways, so this means every time I see a halal eating establishment, I get all excited. Especially, when they really know w

Gulai Kambing - Mutton Curry (My Mother in Law's Recipe, so you know it's gonna be good)

I am so passionate about this recipe, because it tastes so good, and the gravy is very very rich! The first time my mother in law taught me how to make this (it has been a special dish in her family for a long time now), I knew I was learning something special. And I was right. This recipe now has been a favorite among my family and friends. A memorable reaction from a colleague was when I saw her quietly eating the curry by herself, and I saw her opening and closing her eyes in response to the burst of flavors from the curry :D. She then shook her head (in amazement.....I hope).  I know that sounds exaggerated, but it was truly what happened! I mean, I cannot blame her.... If this does not look beautiful to you, I don't know what it is. Surprisingly, the recipe for making this is not at all complicated, but it is troublesome. The total cooking time for me was about 4 hours, to cook all the meat until it's tender, and the gravy to become like that :). But let me tell