Skip to main content

First Post In The New Year 2016

It is 2016, and I'm still not done sharing my trip to Bali which I took in December 2015 :D. I am so relaxed in writing new posts, but I hope they have been informative and useful in some way, if not entertaining. Last week, I spent the holiday season with my family to Kuala Lumpur, and I have quite a few food stories to share from that trip too, my kind of stories of course. So, I will be posting about that for the next week or so.

Here's a sneak peak.


Barbecued baby BEEF back ribs. Say no more.

I started this blog about three months ago, and I have been pleasantly surprised by the kind reception from the visitors to this blog. I hope our relationship will continue to blossom and deepen as time goes by :D. Please let me know if there's anything you would like for me to write more about.
Truthfully, I love thinking, writing, taking pictures and videos and discussing about food, so this blog will mainly showcase that particular passion of mine. And of course the recipes, which I'd like to share and document neatly here are coming as well. But, as it turns out, I love eating out more than I do cooking at home. At least, that was what happened for the last three months. But going forward, I will try to write and make more videos on my personal collection of recipes. Plus, I will try to be more frequent in publishing new posts here, we'll see how long that last so 2016 will definitely be a year of improvement for this blog, insyAllah (if Allah wills it).

I also promise to loose 7 kilograms this year. Bismillah, let see how this one goes :D*starts to sweat,

Lastly, before I wrap up this short post, I pray and hope that this year will bring more blessings to us all. Happy holidays friends!!! Oh wait, tomorrow is Monday hahahaha.....happy going back to work then. Toodles...!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sambal Goreng Ati Ampela (Spicy Chicken Liver and Gizzards)

Boy, the sound of this dish sure is extreme when you translate it into English. Reminds me of Halloween somehow. But hearing it in Bahasa delivers a calming sensation to my nerves. ' Sambal goreng ati ampela ', I associate this with deliciousness, bursts of flavor, and family :D. But, still, basically this dish really is chicken liver and gizzards cooked in chili, and if you're not used to this type of eating, then this is extreme for you, while it's like candy to me :P. Indonesia has many varieties of sambal goreng , every region has their own take on it, this is only one of them. This is the sambal goreng I grew up with, even though nowadays my mother has altered her recipe, but this is the flavors that I recognize and will soon share with you (complete recipe in the bottom of this post). What I've done here is I've cleaned and cut up to bite size pieces all the liver, gizzards and hearts. I should have showed you how it is done, but I forgot to

Swee Heng Bakery

Since I moved to Singapore in 2008, there has been a lot of adjusting to do, even until today. The difference in culture, habits, the way people talk, the way they walk, the way they eat, make friends, even the values that we hold, are different, even only slightly. But one thing that was and still is quite the big adjustment for me and my family is the fact that we, who come from Indonesia, where Muslims are the majority, have found ourselves becoming the minority in Singapore. This means, that when we go out to eat, there's a lot less options for us to choose from. A simple thing like one of my favorite snacks in Indonesia: Shihlin Taiwan fried chicken, does not have halal certification here. 'Errr, does that matter? It's still chicken.' Well yeah, but the chicken has to be halal (processed according to Islamic Law), then we can eat it :). Anyways, so this means every time I see a halal eating establishment, I get all excited. Especially, when they really know w

Gulai Kambing - Mutton Curry (My Mother in Law's Recipe, so you know it's gonna be good)

I am so passionate about this recipe, because it tastes so good, and the gravy is very very rich! The first time my mother in law taught me how to make this (it has been a special dish in her family for a long time now), I knew I was learning something special. And I was right. This recipe now has been a favorite among my family and friends. A memorable reaction from a colleague was when I saw her quietly eating the curry by herself, and I saw her opening and closing her eyes in response to the burst of flavors from the curry :D. She then shook her head (in amazement.....I hope).  I know that sounds exaggerated, but it was truly what happened! I mean, I cannot blame her.... If this does not look beautiful to you, I don't know what it is. Surprisingly, the recipe for making this is not at all complicated, but it is troublesome. The total cooking time for me was about 4 hours, to cook all the meat until it's tender, and the gravy to become like that :). But let me tell